An important part of running a website – any website – is periodically checking your website statistics. After you’ve done everything you can to promote your listing website, including search engine optimization, craigslist posting and social media marketing, you need to check and see if your efforts are paying off, and fine-tune your marketing efforts accordingly. Google Analytics is an amazing tool that can help you track all sorts of facts about your website.
Google Analytics is an invaluable tool for analyzing your website that delivers enterprise-class web analytics for free. In fact, if you have a website and aren’t using Google Analytics, you’re seriously missing out on some critical and usable information.
Installing Google Analytics on your website can help you to track how visitors arrive at, interact on and follow calls-to-action, giving you an insider’s peek at the functionality of your website.
But you may feel like it’s time to supplement or verify the data you get from GA with something more. So where else might you take a look?
- Get nosy with ClickTale, by watching them as they navigate your site. Where do they go, where do they place their cursors, how many clicks do they make, how long do they stay on each page? You’ll never have to guess again.
- Use CrazyEgg to rapidly find links on your site that aren’t leading to conversions. Then remove or change them.
- Use Listing Domains as a full-service web marketing shop, complete with live, advanced website statistics.
- Use Woopra to build a comprehensive, real-time profile and timeline for every user, tracking them from anonymous visitor to converted unique customer across multiple devices.
- 4Q gives you the ability to use four question surveys to capture, analyze and qualify your customers. It has been called the “best free qualitative analytics tool on the market.”
- More live, real time stats on visitor origin, content, searches, and more can be found using GetClicky.
- Learn which keywords are most important on your site with Keyword Envy, by tracking your website’s performance.
- Scope out your competition with SEOQuake, and find out important nuggets of information that may help explain why they rank higher than you in search engine results.