After a near decade long surge in real estate prices and high-end property listings continuing their surge in 2015, celebrities are changing up their residential portfolios – and turning in substantial profits. Who’s driving recent celebrity real estate trends?
- Jason Statham’s 1920’s Mediterranean-style home in the Hollywood foothills sold for $9.2 million to Big Bang star Johnny Galecki. (Statham purchased the home from Ben Stiller for $7.3 million in 2011.)
- Toby Maguire’s 6-bedroom L.A. Brentwood residence, purchased from Ricki Lake in 2014, earned the star nearly $2 million following its sale to fitness and nutrition moguls Ronald and Shannan Penna.
- Julia Roberts dumped her Greenwich Village home for a pretty penny: $850,000 over its $4.5 million asking price.
- Three-time Oscar nominee Michelle Williams broke the bank, selling her Brooklyn Boerum Hill townhouse for a whopping $1.3 million over her $7.5 million asking price – $5.2 million more than its 2005 purchase price.
- It’s also speculated high-end house-flipper Ellen DeGeneres may push-off her portfolio of revamped properties in 2016, including a Montecito estate, pair of swanky L.A. condos, and a Beverly Hills re-do.
Will high-end market real estate trends continue?
According to Kiplinger’s and Forbes, the luxury market boom may be primed for a slowdown in the next 12-24 months. However there still seems to be an excess of high-profile buyers both accumulating and unloading multi-million dollar homes.
Who else might be in the market for A-list real estate…
… Like Tom Cruise’s security-minded 10,000 square foot, $50 million, off-market Beverly Hills mansion? Or Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner’s Mandeville Canyon home, which can be toured by carefully vetted buyers qualifying for the $45 million price tag? Perhaps writer-director J.J. Abrams, rap queen Nicki Minaj, or boxer Floyd Mayweather Jr. Only time will tell.
What’s the latest gossip in real estate trends? Get the latest in behind-the-scenes news, only from Properties Online.