We’ve talked previously about the NAR statistic that 87% of prospective home buyers start their search online. And for most web users, Google remains the default search engine. In fact, it is the most-used search engine for researching and purchasing real estate information and services. Google tools for real estate professionals can be used to let you reach prospects in your region at all stages of their home search – while they’re looking for properties, checking out locations, and selecting an agent or broker?
Google’s Real Estate Tools can help to connect you to both buyers and sellers by:
- Generating real estate referrals and leads;
- Taking advantage of Google’s extensive reach (The search engine has more real estate searches than other search engines combine, and more unique visitors than all real estate specific websites); and
- Connecting you with the Google Network, which extends to over 80% of internet users in the United States.
Google Tools for real estate agents and brokers can help you drive leads, connect and engage with customers, and save time and money.
- Set up a Google+ profile to promote your business, boost your search engine rankings and more.
- Create and maintain a branded YouTube channel. YouTube viewers are 90% more likely to obtain information about real estate online than the average American.
- Enhance your online listing with Google SketchUp. Model your properties in Google SketchUp and give your clients a 3D view, and allow customers to freely explore the home, community and its surroundings in 3D, right from your website.
- List your business with Google Places. You can submit multiple locations with a data file and conveniently manage and control listings.
- Publish your listings on Google Earth.
- Use Google Maps free, and make your listings easier for home-buyers and real estate agents to find when they look for properties on Google.com. “Over 56% of all Internet searches on ‘real estate’ and related terms are conducted on Google and our partner sites, and the majority of those searchers are actively looking for listings or referrals to brokers and agents,” says Google.
- Use Google Maps API to place interactive maps on your own website.
- Try pay-as-it’s-used marketing, with Google AdWords, and get real time ROI, with conversion tracking data. Track your campaign’s progress, and modify or halt it at any time.
- Try Gmail and Google Apps web-based email, calendar and document management, accessible from just about anywhere.