As a realtor, we understand your time is precious. But it’s never a good idea to let overeager buyers blast through a walk through. You need to protect those enthusiastic buyers from unexpected repair costs and unwelcome surprises before ownership of the property changes hands.
Know these top walk through selling tips:
- Timing is everything.
Schedule the walk through within 24 hours of the closing. Viewing properties at the last possible moment allows for the identification of damage before it changes ownership. (Think storm damage, leaks, vandalism and theft, and electrical and plumbing issues.)
- Repairs mean a replay.
If the contract requires repairs before purchase, schedule a walk through a week before closing to check the integrity of repairs. This will give you time to address problems that could delay the closing. Once issues are sufficiently addressed, schedule a final walk through 24 hours before closing.
- Don’t skip a step!
For every walk through:
1. Bring the home inspection report, property condition disclosure, and contract copy so you don’t overlook flagged items.
2. Identify items that were to be left for the buyer. (These items must be written in the contract, not promised verbally.)
3. Check for abandoned items the buyers don’t want so they can be removed.
4. Test all appliances.
5. Test the heating and air.
6. Bring an inexpensive electrical tester from your local hardware store and test all outlets. (Don’t have one yet? Try an LED night light.)
- Mend broken promises.
If the problems you find are worth disrupting or postponing the closing, notify the seller immediately. Think big picture: leaks not light bulbs. Guide unrealistic or picky sellers and buyers against issues that could increase legal fees or postpone the closing indefinitely. Negotiate a solution that works for both buyers and sellers.
Looking for more selling tips for smooth sailing through the closing process? Properties Online has you covered!
This was an awesome resource! Wow You should also check out
this video on Tips on becoming an excellent Buyers Agent !https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GzUKr3iBlk
Thanks for sharing with us :)