Getting traffic to your property websites is step one. Understanding where that traffic comes from is a VERY important step two.
Getting traffic to your property websites is step one. Understanding where that traffic comes from is a VERY important step two. Traffic = visitors. Visitors = potential leads and clients. Understanding traffic to your property website is crucial.
Analyzing your website traffic is about more than counting your weekly or monthly visitor numbers. You should also review live statistics that tell you where your visitors are coming from. How are these visitors finding your property website, and where are they coming from? How can you maximize these visits and convert them into home buyer or home seller clients?
[CLICK IMAGE FOR LARGER VERSION]
The most recent statistical data from Properties Online [see graphic] tells us some very interesting and important things. We have compiled the traffic statistics from ALL Listings Unlimited and Listing Domains single property sites and found that:
- 44% of traffic is direct traffic, meaning these visitors have gone directly to your site by typing in the URL. This includes both sign rider and word-of-mouth traffic.
- 28% of traffic is referral traffic, and this is an important one to watch. Facebook currently refers HALF of all referral traffic to single property websites. Social media should be an important part of your real estate marketing plan.
- Most visitors (56.8%) view your single property websites on their desktop computer, but growing numbers (28.7% and 14.5%, respectively) use their mobile phones or tablets.
- It’s easy to increase your traffic. Property websites with Top Level Domain (555AnySt.com) AND sign rider drive 5 TIMES more traffic than those without.
It’s in your best interest to:
1. Promote all your listings through single property websites
2. Make sure your websites are optimized for mobile (here’s a hint and some reassurance: if you’re using Listings Unlimited, they are
3. Use Top Level Domains AND custom sign riders
4. Be involved in social media – start with a Facebook Business Page
5. Make use of the automated Facebook App, free with every Listings Unlimited site
Questions to ask:
- Who are my visitors?
- Where do they come from?
- Where do they land?
- How long do they stay?
- Which referring sites send the most traffic my way?
- How to custom sign riders and top level domain names affect my traffic?
- What are the most popular pages on my site?
- How many repeat visitors does my site receive?
- How often are pages on my site shared (this can be viewed at a glance with social sharing buttons installed)?\
Once you start to do a little digging and applying, you’ll probably find your websites statistics fascinating. You’ll be able to compare your stats to the compiled stats we found, and look at ways to improve your individual site’s traffic. We’re good at that, so feel free to ask for help.