Video is the most powerful, under-utilized form of marketing in real estate – the online equivalent of putting a puppy in the hands of a prospective buyer. And you don’t have to be selling a luxury home for video to be advantageous. Video doesn’t just appeal to buyers – sellers are recognizing its success and value and demanding it – video is the future.
Video gets right to the heart of buyers, telling the story of “what it’s like to live here…”
Differentiating itself from the multitudes of lemming-like real estate websites, listings with property videos leap off the page, coming to life and connecting with viewers in ways photography can’t… Demonstrating the flow of a home, capturing emotionally appealing shots through footage of gardens, neighborhoods, amenities, and nightlife… All a prospective client has to do is click “play.”
How critical are real estate videos when it comes to marketing?
- Video listings get far more hits than your typical listing stills.
- Videos keep most visitors on websites six times longer than those without.
- Viewers retain 95 percent of the message, versus 10 percent of written messages.
- Properly site-mapped videos are 53 percent more likely to rank on the first page of results on Google – over blogs and traditional sites.
- The impression the value of real estate video gives prospective clients creates an overall view of an agent as someone who can effectively service their needs.
Not your family film reel…
Video listings are incredibly powerful – if they’re done right. Avoid nausea-inducing Blair Witch tributes by following best practices, including:
- Utilizing the correct equipment.
- Gathering sufficient footage.
- Developing a clear, effective message.
- Starring agents playing an appropriate role.
- A final video with a short, but adequate length.
Over 50% of the US population is consuming online video. Are you cashing in? Don’t miss out. Revolutionize your real estate business today.