– A general introduction noting how strongly you value and respect client privacy and safeguard data.
– A listing of the information you will collect, including:
Personal information provided by the client
Website use information (cookies)
– A section on how you will use client information (marketing, promotion, payment processing, to improve content/services, etc.)
– What information, if any, you share with third parties
– A section disassociating your business from websites linked to yours
– How you will protect information (physical/electronic/managerial measures)
– It’s also useful to provide clients a sort of technical dictionary post-policy. Information that defines cookies, dynamic ads, retargeting, etc.
– Opt-in/out procedures
– Consent for use of website (that lovely box everyone has to check)
I’m No Shakespeare – Where Can I Find a Good Example?